FREE ENERGY SAVINGS KITS
Pacific Northern Gas and BC Hydro are working together to provide free Energy Saving Kits for income-qualified households. Our free kit contains easy to install energy-saving products that may help you make your home more comfortable and may save you money on your heating and electricity bills.
What’s included in the Energy Savings Kit?
Each Energy Saving Kit contains items that are easy to install, including:
- LED light bulbs
- LED night light
- Water-efficient showerhead
- Water saving faucet aerators
- Weatherstripping to reduce drafts around windows and doors
- Electric outlet and switch gaskets to seal drafts
- Fridge and freezer thermometer
- Step-by-step instruction guide
You will be able to customize your kit based on your specific needs through our application process.
Who can apply?
To be eligible to receive a free Energy Savings Kit you must:
- have a BC Hydro account in your name;
- live in an income-qualified household.
Do you rent your home? You can apply if the BC Hydro account is in your name.
How to Apply
Apply for your free energy saving kit online or by calling 1 800 BCHYDRO (1 800 224 9376) between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. Monday to Friday, and between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Saturday.
When you apply, you'll be asked to provide:
- Your name and BC Hydro account number (found on the top right corner of your bill)
- The number of people in your household and your total household income